Tuesday 20 January 2015

Letter from the trenches

Dear family,
                  Hope this letter gets to you, if so read this please. How are you and before you write back I’m fine, but could be better. Please do write back soon, I’m getting a bit bored. We sing daily songs and the Germans do firing practice; we both put cards on a stick and stick it above the trenches and we practice day after day, after day. Our food isn’t very good they’re all cans.

I really miss you and I hope I can get home soon. How’s Daisy? Is she ok? While I’ve left can she cope? How’s Mark and Charlie for that matter and your Mum and Dad? Have you been bored and how is it without me? (be honest) and how’s everyone else that I know of?

The first sight of gunfire was wonderful! It looked like fireworks (That’s probably where they got the name from.) On the way here we saw lots of different types of fishes. There were blue, red, orange, purple, blue there’s all sorts.

The trenches are so smelly, wet and muddy. It is really hard in Winter but it’ll be Summer soon. There’s a rumour going around that we’ll be out soon for a full attack and people that survive can go for an attack on Germany!


Lots of love Arthur 

ARTHUR - Year 6

No comments:

Post a Comment